First and foremost, its common knowledge that losing fat is, really, hard. It’s not just dieting and eating healthy foods. In fact, to lose fat you need to do a lot more. Therefore, these other things are described below.
Obvious Things to Help You Lose Fat
First, some of the most obvious things to do include the following.
- First, eating healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish like salmon, and so on.
- Also, following one of the most effective diets like the top-rated Mediterranean diet or the top-rated weight-watchers diet.
- In addition, drastically cutting back on junk foods, sugary drinks and alcohol.
- Furthermore, cutting back on portion sizes. Because, even if you eat healthy foods, eating lots of it means you are taking in more calories than you need. Which, by the way, doesn’t help your goal.
Other Things that Help You Lose Fat
Now, there are other things that help you lose fat. Indeed, some of them are described below.
- First, getting enough aerobic exercise. For example, the easiest way to get this is simply going for a brisk 30, or 45-minute walk.
- Second, spending enough time improving your strength. Now, you don’t have to go to the gym to do this. In fact, there are many strength-building exercises you can do in the comfort of your home. For example, doing push-ups help build your arm muscles. Moreover, there are many others.
- Third, sleeping well. Because, not sleeping well, raises your cortisol levels, which in turn causes you to be stressed. Consequently, you end up eating sugary and junk foods like donuts.
- Next, managing stress in your day-to-day activities. Now, there are many ways to manage this stress. For example, going for a brisk 30-minute walk, especially in a quiet setting will help.
- Or, you can try intermittent fasting. For example, there is the 16/8 method, in which you don’t eat for 14 to 16 continuous hours while restrict eating from 8 to 10 hours each day. Or, you can fast for one or two days each week. Meanwhile, on your fasting days, you don’t eat anything. Moreover, on those fasting days, you are restricted to drinking water, coffee, or other drinks that don’t have any calories.
Now, one may ask how can massages possibly help you lose weight. In fact, massages help you, indirectly, by causing you to succeed in things, listed above, that do help you lose weight. So, here is a sample of things massages do for you, and which, in turn, help you lose fat.
- First, by relaxing you, massages help you get good sleep.
- Second, by alleviating your stress, which can be a major contributing factor to weight gain. Consequently, you avoid eating junk foods you would otherwise eat when you are stressed.
- Next, massages help reduce anxiety. Consequently, you avoid eating junk foods you would otherwise eat when you are anxious.
- Also, massage therapy keeps muscles tuned, eliminates the tension before it turns into an injury, and reduces delayed onset of muscle soreness or DOMS. In addition, massages relieve sore muscles, which otherwise would have kept you from your strength building exercises.
- In addition, massage therapy can help people stop taking pain medication, that can lead to weight gain.
- Finally, some massages relieve back pain so that you can get back to your exercise regimen.
Next, randomized studies, even though they aren’t controlled, show a direct link between massage therapy and weight loss. Also, there is data showing that alleviating pain lowers stress.
How to Get a Massage
Now, you can get massages from a person or you can buy machines that let you massage yourself in the home. Meanwhile, from among the several types of massagers for the home, look for ones that will help you. And, these are ones that relieve your stress, relax you, improve blood circulation, loosen muscles and relieve sore muscles.
By the way, one of these is the massage chair. In fact, massage chairs are designed to reduce stress, tension, and anxiety. Also, they improve blood circulation, which, in turn, helps relieve aches, pain and sore muscles. Finally, because you are sitting in the chair, it helps relax your whole body. So, indirectly, massage chairs can help you sleep well.
In addition, closed design foot massagers, relaxes the body and brings about a sense of calm. And, they help reduce anxiety and stress.
Now, as you start losing your fat, your body fights back. In fact, two hormones, leptin and ghrelin, change their levels rapidly as the body loses weight. As a result, they trigger the body to eat more. Most of all, countering these urges requires willpower. However, because willpower is easy to melt away, use alternate strategies.
- For example, if you see a donut on a table, don’t use willpower to resist the temptation. Instead, create a distraction by thinking of something else you need to do right away.
- Or, when you are tempted to eat, squeeze a hand grip until you are exhausted.
- Also, develop a habit so that the next time you see something tempting to eat, the habit will help you overcome the temptation. For example, carry around something tempting (like candy) but don’t eat it. As a result, the next time you see candy, you won’t be tempted to eat it.
- Next, be mindful of the automatic decisions you make. When we are lost in thought, our actions become automatic. So, taking the time to think before making a decision, increases your ability to focus and resist temptation.
- Finally, another method is to walk away from the temptation. For example, if you see a table full of sweet delicious food, simply walk away from the table.
So, the next time you are tempted to do things that prevent you from achieving your objective, use these techniques to squash the temptations.