Manali, a well-known town in Himachal Pradesh is renowned for its enchanting beauty. The snow-capped Himalayas fascinates every soul and makes them indulge in the refreshing vibe of the town. Every year thousands of travellers record their footfalls in Manali. All these things are considered as Manali is situated in the Kullu Valley which is often referred to as the “Valley of Gods”. It is the base point for every gateway. The Manali trip is a desire of many people, yet to be fulfilled. There are multiple things to do, that you can encounter in this gem of Himachal Pradesh, to satisfy your soul. Let’s get the idea of major things to do in Manali that you must not miss during your trip.
- Rohtang Pass Bike Ride: Nothing can beat the combination of mountains and bikes. This is definitely a thing of beauty for many adventure enthusiasts. A bike ride to the popular Rohtang pass tops the list of the top things to include in your Manali package. The imagination of riding a bike where there is a snow wall on both the side and a snow-covered valley in front of you, is all so mesmerizing, isn’t it? You can capture the Instagram worthy reels and pictures so that you can have some memories captured to get some inspiration when you become old. The best time for the bike ride is in summer as in the winter and monsoon season the path is blocked and is not safe to go for a bike ride at this point.
- Outdoor Activities in Solang Valley: The most cheering part of the Manali trip is the set of outdoor activities that you can encounter. You can dive into a lot of options available in Manali to channelize the explorer in you. The Solang Valley, situated a few kilometres from the main town of Manali, is a perfect place for adventure pastimes. Beginning from skiing and skating in the wintertime to paragliding, parachuting, and zorbing in the summer season. One can even opt for hiking and trekking to explore some of the hidden places. You can also spend some time in the serene nature while appreciating the pristine elegance of mountains covered in snow.
- Take a Dive into a Hot Water Spring: One of the most soul pleasing things to do in Manali is to take a plunge in a natural hot spring that contains sulfur and other healing agents. Experience the healing characteristics of a water spring and the power of nature. Vashisht hot water spring is one such place. The water of these springs is enriched with healing elements. The spring is found in the Vashisht village, near the Beas River and is often visited by tourists to feel the magic. Another popular place to relax in the lap of nature while relishing the weather and a healing bath is Manikaran.
- Visiting the Monasteries: The Tibetan monasteries are a place to feel peace and satisfaction. Manali is a region where many Tibetans reside. Their beliefs and culture are visible through such monasteries. These monasteries show the legacy of the Tibetan people. One of the famous monasteries in Manali Gompa, you can admire the articulate architecture of the place. You can take a trip to connect with the roots and understand Buddhist culture. The spiritual atmosphere of the place makes you feel good from within. The landscape around Gompa serves you every second with its mesmerizing beauty.
- Visiting A Paradise For Art Lover: For art lovers and history enthusiasts, the Naggar Castle should not be missed. Nestled in the Naggar town, is a historical structure. The art lover in you is surely going to be pleased with the beauty of this creation. The beautiful architecture of this place will leave you gazing at it for quite a long time. The tricky work of wood and stone is remarkable which is a perfect amalgamation of European and Himalayan architecture. There are incredible paintings on display, an art lover’s paradise indeed. The castle was the official residence of Raja Sidh Singh of the Kullu region. Now it is under the Himachal tourism department.
- Soak up the peace with Yoga: One of the most relaxing things to do in Manali is to encounter authentic Indian Yogas at Shri Hari Yoga Ashram. It is indeed a journey to your inner-self that reconnects with your soul. If you want to feel every bit of yourself amidst mother nature, yoga is one of the best things to do in Manali. You can learn the traditional hatha yoga and meditation to master several breathing techniques. This experience will for sure reinvigorate your soul and mind. Seeing the yogic trend, now you can find many yoga retreats in Manali region and pick anyone that suits you.
- Satisfy the foodie inside you: If you are visiting Manali then you should never miss out on food in Manali. Manali offers the most lip-smacking Himachali delicacies. There are several cafes in the town with beautiful views of the snow-laden mountains. You can enjoy the local cuisine of Manali. It is one of the must things to do in Manali independent of your purpose of visit. Your travel will remain half-done if you don’t feed your soul with the fresh river water trout, sidu, patande and so many more palatable dishes.