JEE Mains 2020 Hall Ticket: Steps To Download
The JEE Mains exams are conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice every year for admission to the various undergraduate Programs in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). The examination is conducted twice every year, and in 2020, the first exam will be conducted between 6th January and 11th January and the second between 3rd April and 9th April. The admit cards of these two exams are released separately. The admit card for the exam scheduled for January will be released online on December 6, 2019. The registered candidates can download the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card or the hall ticket from the official website, which is jeemain.nic.in.
The admit card or the hall ticket is an important document as it establishes the identity of the applicant in the examination hall. The admit card contains all the necessary details regarding the candidate and the examination. The mains points listed in the card are mentioned below.
- Centre number
- Complete address of the centre of examination
- The candidate’s name and gender
- Father’s name
- Residential address
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Date of exam
- Exam date and timings
- Roll number
- Candidate’s photograph and signature
For downloading the document from the site a candidate will need the application number and the password or date of birth. There is no specified last date for downloading the JEE Mains 2020 hall ticket from the official site and the same can be done till the date of the exam. The candidate will need to bring a printout of the admit card to the examination centre. An electronic copy of the same will not be acceptable.
Steps to download the JEE mains 2020 Admit Card
The following steps are to be followed while downloading the admit card.
- Visit the official website and click on the JEE Mains 2020 admit card tab.
- The following two options will be displayed.
- a) Download admit card through application number and password.
- b) Download admit card through application number and date of birth.
- Choose the preferred option and enter the necessary data.
- The JEE mains 2020 hall ticket will get displayed on the screen once the data is verified.
- The next step is to click on the download option for saving the card and take a printout as required. It is best to take a colour printout at the finest possible resolution so that the photograph and the signature in the card are clearly legible.
The card will not only be used to establish the candidate’s identity at the exam centre but also in the later stages at the time of counselling. So the details of the information in the card must be checked for any errors. In case of any errors, the candidates will need to promptly contact the NTA for necessary rectification of the same.
Guidelines regarding the JEE mains 2020
The following guidelines are to be noted for a hassle-free experience on the day of the exam.
- The candidates are requested to reach the centre at least 2 hours before the start of the exam for completing the registration formalities in time. The registration desk will be closed 30 minutes before the actual exam time.
- Apart from the printed copy of the admit card, the candidate will also need to bring a passport size photograph along with a valid and non-expired photo ID. This can include PAN card, driving license, voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card, E-Aadhaar, ration card, 12thClass Board Admit Card or a bank passbook. Without the admit card and a photo ID, no candidate will be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Each candidate will be given an allocated seat and they will not be allowed to leave the seat until the full duration of the paper is over.
- Candidates will need to mainstain absolute silence during the exam. Any attempt to converse or use gestures or creating any form of disturbance during the examination will be considered as misbehaviour. An attempt to use unfair means or impersonation can result in the candidature being cancelled and the candidate can be barred from appearing in the examination in the future.
- Items like any printed or hand-written textual material, calculators, docu-pens, slide rulers, log tables, electronic watches with calculators, pieces of papers, banned metallic objects, mobile phone, pager or any other device are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. Possession of the above items will be considered as using unfair means.
- Wearing light dresses free from any big buttons, brooches, badges are best for the examination. Items like jewellery, caps, sunglasses or heavy shoes are to be avoided.
- Candidates claiming for any relaxation under the PwD category will have to bring a valid PwD certificate from an authorized medical practitioner.
In case you have any further significant points in your mind about JEE Mains 2020, visit at https://www.shiksha.com/b-tech/jee-main-exam