Structured Data, Rich Snippets & SEO – A Complete Guide
Structured data is data that is organized and systemized in a determined way on a website. When it comes to SEO, structured data is organized and tagged with particular groups of text so that it becomes easy for the search engines to understand the context of the data and can give away accurate results in return to the searchers.
How to implement structured data?
- To begin you need to open Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper.
- Ensure that the website tab is open. Select the data type where you want to add the HTML markup. Then type the web page URL or HTML code at the bottom and click on Start Tagging.
- When the tool is loading, your webpage is visible to the left and data items to the right. You need to highlight various parts of your webpage in order to assign data tags like name, author, and date published.
- When done assigning data tags, click on Create HTML in the upper right corner.
- Then, look at the structured data markup on the right. Then the script JSON-LD markup script is released, but it can be changed into Microdata by clicking on JSON –LD drop down menu in the top menu.
- Then open Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool. Enter the webpage you want to test. Click on Run Test to begin.
- This shows HTML markup on the left and markup analysis on the right. Fix any errors or warnings before you publish. Now all you have to do is wait.
How to Create Rich Snippets for SERPs?
As aforementioned, a rich snippet is a terminology used by Google for structured data markups. It is the info that is showcased in the SERPs when it comes to structured data. So, only add information visible to the user. When building a rich snippet, the content type plays an important role. There are various types of content like:
- TV and movies
- Fact check
- Paywalled content
- Local Businesses
- Job Postings
Rich snippet properties according to content
- Article: the features can be shown in rich result list or in similar non AMP pages. It includes headline or image properties.
- org article objects: there are three types of non-video article object:
- News article
- Blog posting
Website Optimization by SEO
The gist of Seo In Singapore is to make the search engine search your site and pages and rank it according to page relevance so that it makes it to the top of SERPs. The process of SEO doesn’t occur once, but it also calls for maintenance, tuning and continuous testing as well as monitoring. Here is how to optimize your website by the means of SEO.
- Target market business analysis:
Firstly, you need to analyze your website by analyzing the Meta sets or keywords, text and code to ascertain the ranking for search engines. Then you need to examine the keywords and present ranking of your website. Use tools like semrush.com for expanding if needed. Then, you need to have a prioritized list of targeted search terms on the basis of customer base and market segment.
- Keyword research and development
Determine the target list of keyword, review the lists and determine the number of recent sear engine queries and the number of websites competing for the keyword. Begin with maintaining a proper Excel sheet. Check the progress weekly, then once you get comfortable check once in a month. You may see improvements in traffic that indicate progress. You need to have proper goals and objectives in place to measure your ROI.