Students generally struggle with Physics in comparison to Biology and Chemistry, mostly due to the typology of questions that emerge in this department. It includes numerical computations, theoretical and application-based problems, and more.

How to study Physics for the NEET exam is an issue that many medical students ponder. Most medical students despise math and prefer to avoid classes involving numbers. When they are introduced to Physics in Class 11, the first few chapters remind them of Mathematics, which reawakens their apprehension. It is critical to recognize at this point that while these two issues appear to be similar, they are vastly different.

Let’s ace it: Tips for NEET Physics Preparation

While NEET Mathematics is all about formulas and number crunching, you must first understand NEET Physics before you begin answering questions.

NEET Physics needs round-the-clock practice as well as a thorough understanding of ideas and formulae. To do well on the NEET Physics exam, first master and grasp all of the major topics, including formulas, as outlined in the curriculum.

  • The rote learning strategy, in which one memorizes, has been noticed as one of the most popular strategies among NEET hopefuls. While the technique has gained traction in the Chemistry and Biology sections, where it has proven to be beneficial to students, the same cannot be said for the NEET Physics portion. To gain a complete understanding of your learnings, it is recommended that you take the exam series that is supplied topic-by-topic for each topic and so correlates with its practical application.
  • Let us take an example for a particular topic, say Mechanics. Mechanics, which is ranked first among the top-scoring chapters in Physics, is undoubtedly one of the most significant units. Only the unit provided 17 of the 45 questions. It is divided into nine chapters – Class 11, which range from Chapter Units and Dimensions to Chapter Oscillations and Waves. Like this students need to do the analysis of the previous year’s NEET question papers to know the chapter or topic-wise weightage and the number of questions asked (generally).
  • When the concepts are apparent, Physics becomes enjoyable. The students’ approach is what makes this subject tough for them. They attempt to comprehend physics topics by answering questions, while it should be the other way around. Concentrate on topics and try to comprehend the derivation process. These will assist you in answering the majority of questions in the NEET Physics sections.

Tips for Beginners on How to Prepare for the NEET Physics Exam

  • As indicated in the introduction, the first chapters that introduce a candidate to Physics are often Mechanics, Calculus, and other related topics. There is a lot of number crunching in these, which reminds me of math.
  • Candidates preparing for the NEET Physics exam can be divided into two groups: those who spend too much time studying Physics and those who avoid answering Physics questions. It won’t help if you’re on one of the two sides here. Physics accounts for only 25% of the questions in NEET 2021, hence spending too much effort on it would jeopardize your chances of passing the remaining 75%. Candidates must devote equal time to each of the three subjects.
  • It’s crucial to keep in mind that you’re not taking an engineering entrance exam. Many aspirants begin studying for the NEET Physics portion in the company of a JEE applicant. For their preparation, they also use JEE Main/Advance exam papers. It’s important to realize that NEET Physics follows an entirely different pattern and has a distinct level of expectation. It is still okay to solve JEE Main question papers, but do not torment yourself by attempting JEE Advanced level questions.
  • Because NEET Physics necessitates focus and speed, the sequence is dependent on your energy levels. If you are a person who is more enthusiastic at the start of the exam and can concentrate better during the first hour, you should start with the Physics portion. If you’re the type who starts slowly and picks up speed near the conclusion, save the Physics portion until last.
  • It’s critical to maintain speed once you’ve started working on this part. Now is not the time for a brainstorming session. If a question stumps you, skip it and move on to the next. Return to this one at the conclusion.


Many students devote a great deal of time and effort to preparing for competitive tests such as NEET, with the goal of passing them with flying colors. Consistency and habit are important to these pupils, and creating a detailed study program is essential. Experts urge all students to create a detailed study schedule in order to achieve the best exam outcomes!

Will a study schedule help?


  • A well-designed study schedule is essential for passing competitive exams since it can assist in establishing a natural rhythm for studying and absorbing knowledge. As a learner, having a defined plan is critical since it allows pupils to prioritize and split their whole syllabus into manageable chunks.


  • It’s natural for students to feel nervous or overwhelmed, especially in the weeks leading up to the NEET exam. Students are prone to be sidetracked, which might have an impact on their overall ranking. Here are some guidelines to help you create a flawless timetable so you can maximize your preparation in a day.


  • Let’s jot it down: Make a list of all the subjects and topics that need to be covered, as well as the issues you’re confident in and those you’re not. Mention how much you hope to get done during the week.


  • Examine your Energy and Concentration Levels: Monitor your energy and concentration levels throughout the day to determine when the optimal time to study is. To study without feeling drained or distracted, mark the times of day when these levels are at their highest. Early mornings are good for studying and can be a lot more productive time of day.


  • What about doing it bit by bit? : If you’re a student who isn’t used to sticking to rigorous deadlines, going all out can demotivate you even more. Begin your planning early so that you can set minor challenges and duties on a daily basis. Instead of setting yourself up for failure by having unrealistically high expectations, set realistic goals for yourself.