Have you recently applied for a driving licence and are eagerly waiting for it? Do you know the status of your application? Well, getting hold of your permanent driving licence can be a lengthy process (whether you apply online or offline), which can get frustrating for some people.
Check Driving Licence Status Online – With Token Number
One way to check the driving licence status is to visit the nearest Regional Transport Office (RTO) and provide them with the token number given to you. You can check the status online by visiting the Sarathi website managed by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
If you have the token number, you check the driving licence status online by –
- Visiting your state transport department website
- Visiting the Sarathi website
If you are accessing the State Transport Website, here’s what you need to do –
- Visit the state transport website of your respective state
- Ensure that you are on the right website as it can vary from state to state
- Select the ‘Check the status of your Driving Licence’ link available on the home page
- Enter the driving licence number, date of birth, and your state of residency to find the necessary details
On the other hand, you can seek the same information through the Sarathi website. Here’s what you need to do –
- Visit the Sarathi website managed by the Road Transport Ministry of India
- Choose the option ‘Status of Licence’ under the ‘National Register (driving licence) Queries’
- Enter the requested information and click on submit
- The next page will display the status of your driving licence application
Check Driving Licence Status Online – With Your Name
At times, people applying for a driving licence in India do not know the status of their application until they receive the licence copy in their registered residential address.
However, if you do not have a token number, don’t worry! There’s still a way in which you can check the driving licence status online. Here’s how.
- Visit the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways official website
- Enter the application number – You will obtain this after submitting your Driving licence application request
- Choose the state of your residency from the dropdown menu
- Choose the name of your RTO and click on submit
- Your details such as name and the status of your licence will be displayed on the page
Must-Know Facts About Driving Licence Status
- The driving licence generally takes up to a month at least to receive from the time of application.
- RTOs across the country along with the government, are coming up with hassle-free ways that will allow you to check the application status online. However, it is still mandatory to apply for a learner’s licence before seeking a permanent one.
- The driving licence issued comes with validity.
- You can easily apply for a duplicate driving licence in case the original one is lost or damaged.
- If you are planning to take an international trip, it is advisable to apply for the International Driving licences well in advance.
Driving licence is one of the most essential documents required when driving. You will have to face penalties in case you are caught driving without it. Other documents that you need to keep handy include an active car insurance plan, RC book, and any other vehicle permits granted to you.