National Testing Agency (NTA) has conducted JEE Main from January 6, 2020 to January 9, 2020. The result date is January 31, 2020 but it is expected that the result will release tentatively in the third week of January 2020. Candidates who have taken the examination must be eagerly waiting for the result so that they can calculate JEE Main 2020 rank from percentile. On this page, we are discussing about how to calculate rank from percentile in JEE Main 2020.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted every year for the admission of candidates to BE/BTech and BArch/BPlanning courses. After qualifying JEE Main a candidate becomes eligible for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, etc. and for appearing in JEE Advanced (if selected). This year i.e. in 2020, 11,18,673 candidates have registered for JEE Main Paper I and Paper II (9,21,261 for BE/BTech; 1,38,409 for BArch; and 59,003 for BPlanning).
How to calculate rank from percentile in JEE Main 2020
NTA declares the JEE Main result in online mode. The result carries various information such candidate’s name, roll number, date of birth, parents name, state code of eli gibility, nationality, etc. With the help of percentile obtained by the a candidate it is possible to calculate JEE Main 2020 rank. The formula to obtain the expected rank is available below.
(Total number of candidate)[(100-percentile obtained)/100] = Expected Rank
Candidates who want to check their expected rank can use above mentioned formula wherein
- First, write total number of candidates.
- Then write the difference between the percentile obtained and 100 i.e. (100-percentile obtained)
- After that, divide the value obtained from (100-percentile obtained) by 100.
- Then multiply the result of [(100-percentile obtained)/100] with (Total number of candidate) to get the expected rank.
How to check JEE Main Result 2020?
Candidates can check the result in online mode only. National Testing Agency (NTA) will not share the result either through email or through post. Hence, candidates should be aware of the process to check the result. In order to check the result candidates have to use their application number & date of birth. On the basis of result, candidates will get the call for appearing in the counselling. Check the steps to access the result below.
- Visit the official website of JEE Main that is jeemain.nic.in.
- Then on the home page, find the tab to check the result.
- Click on the tab and a page to enter the login credentials will open in a new tab.
- Enter the required details that is application number & date of birth and click on the submit button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
- Click on the download icon to save the result.
- Wait until the download process completes successfully.
- After downloading the result, open the file and check your percentile, name, roll number, etc.
- If any candidate finds any error in the details, then contact the helpline services immediately for the help.