Do you like thrill sports and adventure? You may enjoy travelling the world to try new experiences and challenge yourself. What if these adventures fail? Imagine becoming lost among grand tetons, bizarre mountains or Western Cape bungee jumping injury? Adventure sports are risky, so does Indian international travel insurance cover them? This article answers your question.
Does Indian travel insurance cover adventure sports?
Yes. Travel insurance coverage may cover adventurous sports if you are hurt while doing adventure sports, and they protect your medical bills. Some provide it as an add-on, but only some include it. Overseas travel insurance policies typically offer this coverage.
Not all travel insurance plans cover adventure sports. If they do, they charge a more significant rate depending on your adventure activities. Basic travel insurance may cover safe sports like hiking, horseback riding, fishing, etc. You’ll require adventure sports travel insurance if you’re going paragliding, diving, surfing, skiing, river rafting, snowboarding, etc.
- An abroad travel insurance package may cover these adventure sports. Mountaineering
- River rafting
- Snorkelling/Scuba Diving
- Jet Skiing
Why buy adventure sports travel insurance?
Risky adventure sports can excite you. Even a minor mistake while playing might lead to significant injuries or demise. Most Indian travel insurance plans do not cover such activities due to the substantial risk of injury and demise. Thus, you must pay for your treatment overseas, resulting in severe financial losses.
Some Indian travel insurance providers offer adventure sports travel insurance policies or add-on coverage. Your family is covered against financial responsibility from adventure sports throughout your trip. This policy is for adventure sports enthusiasts travelling abroad.
Adventure sports travel insurance claims
A travel insurance package with adventure sports coverage requires the incident to fall into the scope of coverage. You can claim from your insurer in three primary situations.:
- Adventure sports organiser does not utilise safe gear and you get injured.
- Injuries caused by faulty, aged, or malfunctioning equipment might be claimed. Before using equipment, always check it.
- Adventure sports require proper training. Adventure instructors must follow all procedures and train to protect participants.
- Most adventure activities have weight, height, or age limits for safety. You can file an insurance claim if the organiser ignores safety measures.
Buying adventure sports travel insurance
There are several types of travel insurancev, however, adventure sports insurance protects you against extreme sports mishaps. Before buying a travel insurance adventure sports add-on, consider these tips:
- Read again – Your adventure sports coverage travel insurance covers some adventurous sports. Read the policy carefully and only buy it if it covers your activity.
- Ensure emergency medical evacuation coverage—If you’re injured while adventuring, emergency medical evacuation will send you to the nearest hospital swiftly. Make sure your travel insurance covers adventure sports injury emergency medical evacuation.
- Coverage for return of mortal remains-if a traveller passes away while doing adventure sports. The transportation costs can be considerable. Therefore, purchase travel coverage that covers the repatriation of mortal remains to your home country due to adventure sports.
You now know how to safeguard yourself financially when travelling and doing adventure sports. Before going on an adventure abroad, ensure your travel insurance covers adventure sports. To choose the ideal travel insurance policy, check the terms and conditions.
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale. ‘